Monday, September 27, 2010

Busy as Bees!!!

I know it's been a while since I sat down and told you what was going on! Actually, I sat down last night and posted a few pictures and wrote a beautiful narrative =) about what each person in our family has been doing. However, when I pushed the "publish post" button...all was lost! Ugh!
Tonight, there is a lot of laundry to be folded so I will have to make it shorter but wanted to give a quick update! (I will put house pictures up soon.)
We are still unpacking boxes but we are seeing more floor so that is a good sign! Donny worked so hard on the garage this weekend and by week's end we will be parking in the garage! We have gone through every box with a fine tooth comb and have trashed, donated, reunited lost parts, and organized. Once everything is finally unpacked, it will feel so good to have "purged" and be rid of junk! (You know I love to get rid of things that we don't use...sometimes to a fault...)
We are getting quickly involved in our church, Valley View Christian Church, and also getting to know people better. I am writing and planning curriculum and lessons for the K-5 classes on Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights. It is the perfect balance of getting my "fix" of teaching and writing lessons without having to be gone from my family full time. God is good! Donny has been helping on the Creative Arts team which works on the stage and prepares for each new sermon series. The kids are getting used to their classes and are making friends. MANY of the kids at church are home schooled which makes it a bit harder for them to relate to Liv and vice versa. Here's the reason why----The kids are all in the same co-op so "breaking in" is tricky but Liv is awesome (!) and I am so proud of how she continues to go and nurture friendships.
Both kids love school and I am working hard to provide play dates at least once a week for each of them with kids from their school. It helps me get to know the mamas and the friends they are making. Having a pool has been such an easy way to invite people over. Until we moved here, and had to "step out of our comfort zones" we had not really talked to our 7 year old and 4 year old about being witnesses but that has become a daily conversation now. It is so different here. Schools are different. People are different. We are no longer wrapped snugly in our protective group of friends like we were in KY. We are being challenged to really think about and explain our faith, daily. I can't wait to see how God is going to use our family, our children, here in Dallas. I think we are all growing deeper with Jesus through this. Our after-dinner devotion and before-bed conversations with the kids have been in depth and eye opening. Their questions are amazing and challenging. Donny and I are so glad to have our kids talk to us and want to start NOW with open communication.
Shoo...I can get long-winded! All that to say, we are doing ok. We miss KY. Boy, do we miss it and talk of it and our "peeps" there daily but we are looking with wide-eyes at the present and to the future to see what God has in store for us...
We'll keep you posted! (hehee!)

No comments:

Post a Comment